Frequently Asked Questions
Which items of service can I always see in order to Comparison Shop?
Which items of service can I always see in order to comparison shop?
The Funeral Rule requires funeral homes to itemize sixteen specific items.The following service and product items can be compared with any funeral home you choose.
1. Forwarding of remains to another funeral home
2. Receiving remains from another funeral home
3. Transfer of remains to the funeral home
4. Direct cremation
$1565 to $2215
5. Immediate burial
$1414 to $2009
7.Other preparation of the body
10. Use of facility and staff for viewing
11. Use of facility and staff for funeral ceremony
12. Use of facility and staff for memorial service
13. Use of equipment and staff for graveside ceremony
14. Individual casket prices or their price range
$595 to $9800
15. Individual outer burial container prices or their range
$680 to $3490
16. Basic services of funeral director and staff, and overhead
« Back to All FAQs