Our gift shop is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.Close
Accounting Assistant - Filled
This position will provide daily assistance to the accounting department staff; maintain general proficiency for each accounting position in order to cover specific staff during absences; general administrative/clerical functions; other specific responsibilities as assigned.
Pay is based on skills, ability and performance.
Key Accountabilities state the main responsibilities expected in this position and answer the question: What am I paid for?
- I am paid to live Hamilton’s Funeral Home Mission Statement and Core Values at all times.
- I am paid to contribute to the ongoing building of a positive, professional and competent team.
- I am paid to assist the Accounting Department Director with tasks pertaining to accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- I am paid to be involved in activities pertaining to Hamilton’s Academy of Grief and Loss.
- I am paid to continue to educate myself in our profession.
- I am paid to be responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- Accounts Payable
- Prepare invoices for processing/entry
- Match invoices to purchase orders/packing slips
- Review/Reconcile invoices and statements for accuracy
- Communicate with vendors
- Process checks
- Maintain files
- Accounts Receivable
- Post account payments
- Work with clients to resolve/reconcile payments
- Confirm insurance
- File insurance claims
- Maintain accurate records of client families
- Assist with accounts receivable functions and collections
- Accounts Receivable - New Accounts
- Process and maintain client contracts
- Maintain contract adjustments
- Manage all incoming payments
- Prepare daily deposits
- Reconcile credit card transactions
- Other Duties as Assigned
Familiar with Internet usage
Experience and passion with Customer Service
Experience with phone systems
Familiarity with forms for documenting information, electronically and written
Able to work independently
Education, Work Experience
Minimum 2 year degree in accounting
3-5 years experience in the field
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Timely completion of responsibilities
- Excellent technical, oral, and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel including ability to create/maintain spreadsheets and reports
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent data entry skills
- Knowledge of web-based programs, software and database applications and technologies
- Adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
- Experience with general office equipment
- Team focused yet able to work independently (with minimal supervision)
- Ability to interact well with client families and other employees
- Work well in a fast paced and changing environment
- Able to work in open work space environment with distractions
- Standing, walking, sitting, repetitive movements, such as keyboard, are frequently required
- Great attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Observe Confidentiality Policy