a time and place for relatives and friends to share support and encouragement
with the family. The deceased person may be present at the visitation either
with a burial service or cremation service. With direct cremation, the deceased
cremated remains may or may not be present depending on your desires.
Things to Consider:
- The length of visitation period differs with each family.
- The family does not need to be present for the entire visitation.
- Visitation can be limited to specific hours.
- Some friends like to come when the family is not present.
- Many families announce a limited time when they will be available but maintain an extended time when the public is invited.