Our gift shop is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.Close
Memorial Service Checklist
We’ve created a checklist to help you plan a unique, personalized memorial service and ensure you don’t forget a single detail.
Below is a list of things to consider when planning a memorial service.
- Choose the type of disposition you'd like (burial, cremation, donation)
- Choose the type of gathering, service, ceremony or memorial you'd like to have:
Visitation, viewing, wake or rosary
- Do you want a private family viewing or public viewing?
- Celebration of life service personalized to reflect the life lived
Traditional funeral service
- Do you want the body present?
- Do you want casket opened or closed?
- Graveside service or a service at the crematory
- Memorial service (takes place after burial or cremation)
- Home funeral service and/or burial
- Green or eco-friendly funeral service
- Scattering ceremony
- Family gathering
- Reception or fellowship meal
- Visitation, viewing, wake or rosary
- Choose options that personalize your event:
- What clothing will the deceased wear?
- Location of burial and service
- Speaker, such as clergy member or funeral celebrant
- Pallbearers, eulogist, assistants and attendees
- Catered or potluck meal
- Prayers, poems or other readings
- Songs or hymns
- Choose the place of final rest:
- Burial in a private ceremony, veteran ceremony or on private property
- Scattering of cremated body at sea, in a park, on private property or in a memorial garden
- Choose a method of payment:
- Hamilton's accepts cash, check or credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express)