Our gift shop is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience.Close
Funeral Director - AVAILABLE
- The primary goal of the Funeral Director is to help plan and facilitate arrangements, ceremonies and dispositions for client-families both at-need and pre-need; and to embalm deceased persons. You practice your entire profession.
- The position has a predetermined repeating flexible schedule. Work is primarily week day with some weekend, evening, Sunday & Holiday hours. This is a full time position.
- The pay is based on skills, ability, experience and performance.
- You are paid to provide courteous and sensitive service to our client-families and fellow workers adapting to the desires of each person seeking your help.
- Contribute to building a positive and competent workplace team.
- Demonstrate care and concern in a professional manner.
- Be responsible, reliable and honest.
- Educate yourself in our profession.
- Maintain an Iowa Insurance License along with funeral and embalming license.
- Interact respectfully and consistently.
- Take responsibility - assigned and unassigned.
- Perform embalming.
- Make pre-need and at-need arrangements and conduct ceremonies.
- Share evening, night, Sunday, and Holiday work assignments.
- Some phone and reception activities.
- Complete required reporting.
- Help with Crematory activities.
- Help with Hamilton's Academy of Grief & Loss activities.